We use 100% pure soy wax that is all natural and grown here in the US, free of any additives. Our scents are carefully selected consisting of a blend of fragrance oils and essential oils, with an emphasis on carcinogen-free and phthalate-free materials. The wicks we use are all natural, cotton wicks with no lead or other chemicals introduced, to ensure a cleaner burning candle.
Each candle is approximately 11 ounces and has a burn time of 60-80 hours. They measure at 3.3" wide and 4.25" tall.
There are many products on the market to make candles from. Soy wax can sometimes deter people because it can be hard to work with, but the rewards are worth every bit of it.
Soy beans are harvested and taken through a process called hydrogenation turning the oil separated from them into wax. Therefore, it's a renewable resource, biodegradable, vegetarian, carbon neutral and environmentally friendly. It burns cleaner than other waxes as opposed to the commonly known paraffin wax, which has 11 known carcinogens. Soy also has a much higher melt point so it in turn burns for a longer period of time giving you a longer lasting product to enjoy.
candle care and safety Tips
- Trim the wick to ¼" before lighting and before each use.
- Allow the wax to melt entirely across the top for an even burn and to prevent tunneling.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches, or any other combustible materials.
- Make sure the candle has had time to cool before handling.
- Discontinue use when there is less than ¼" of wax left to prevent a fire hazard.
- Always burn within sight and on a stable and dry, heat-resistant surface.
- Keep away from flammable objects, children and pets.
- If smoking occurs, check for drafts such as an open window, ceiling fan, A/C vent or high traffic area that may cause flame to flicker and smoke.
- Handle cut glass with care as the edges may be rough.